This article guides the students to draw the hexanal structure Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions. It contains a step-by-step procedure for drawing hexanal structures formula of six types of molecules. This question belongs to Chapter 4 Carbon and its compounds of NCERT Class 10 Science textbook.
For more Class 10 Science Solutions Click Here
Download Our Class 10 Solutions Android app from Google Play here.
Hexanal is a six-carbon aldehyde with the chemical formula C6H12O. It is a colorless liquid that is insoluble in water. Hexanal is produced naturally by plants and is also found in some essential oils. It has a strong, pungent odor.
Hexanal can be synthesized from hexane, a six-carbon alkane. The reaction requires an oxidizing agent, such as sodium hypochlorite or potassium permanganate. Hexanal can also be produced by the oxidation of heptanol, a seven-carbon alcohol.
Hexanal is used as a flavor and fragrance ingredient in food and cosmetics. It is also used as a solvent and cleaning agent. Hexanal is highly flammable and should be handled with caution.
Background Information – Hexanal Structure Class 10
Hexanal is an organic compound with the molecular formula C6H12O. It is a colorless liquid that has a strong, unpleasant odor. Hexanal is used as a flavorant and fragrance in food and cosmetics. It is also used as a solvent and cleaning agent.
Hexanal is produced naturally by some plants and animals. It is also produced synthetically by the oxidation of hexanol.
Hexanal Structure and Configuration
Hexanal is an organic compound with the formula C6H12O. Hexanal is a member of the class of compounds known as aldehydes.
The structure of hexanal can be represented by the following diagram:
How to Draw Hexanal Structure – Step By Step
To Draw any structure in Oraganic Chemistry, we should observe the prefix and suffix in IUPAC name of the compound.
- In Hexanal – Prefix is Hex that represents Six Carbons and Suffix is -al which corresponds to aldehyde functional group (-CHO).
- Lets Draw aldehyde functional group (-CHO) group first.
- Hex means six. To draw hexanal, we need to add six carbons to the chain, including the one in the aldehyde group.
- Now complete the valency of Carbon. You must know that valency of Carbon atoms is 4, that means each carbon is connected with 4 bonds.
- Now, Complete the chain by adding Hydrogen to open ends of Carbon Chain. Yes, you have drawn the Hexanal Structure easily.
The structure of hexanal is similar to that of other aldehydes, such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde. It contains a carbonyl group (C=O) bonded to a hydrogen atom. The carbonyl group makes hexanal highly reactive, and it can readily undergo reactions with other molecules.
We hope you have understand very easily to draw The Hexanal Structure Class 10.